Monday, August 1, 2011

Fragile. Handle with Care

The other day, I packed my mother's wedding china into a box and put it in storage.  We can't take it with us when we go, and there's not a chance of me wanting to get rid of it.  So, I packed it up and moved it out of our apartment.  As I did so, however, a series of thoughts passed through my head.  I didn't have the conversation out loud like some people in my family, but I thought it was worth writing out.... 
"I'm kinda sad to be packing this up." 
"I'm glad I have somewhere to store it."
"How long will it be in storage, I wonder?"
"Things are quite uncertain right now, aren't they?"
"Are we sure we can't take this with us?"
"Heavens no! Way too fragile." 
"So is Josiah, and we're taking him."
"He's a lot more valuable too." 
"Are we crazy for taking our son halfway across the world away from dear loved ones?" 
"Yep.  Crazy.  Crazy in love with a God who sent His Son from heaven to earth.  That's farther away than Taiwan."
"Trusting in God to handle my fragile son."
"Josiah is safer than my china in storage."
"Besides, we can't keep him in a box." 
Uh, no mom.  Don't even think about it...

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of anything to say. But, I like this post. It resonates with my heart for all three of you. You are my valuables too.

    ReplyDelete