Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Watching him grow

Tomorrow Josiah will officially be three months old.  Hard to believe, but true.  He's almost doubled his birth weight but still is our tiny wonder.  We're keeping track of milestones like first smiles, baths, and sleeping through the night.  Last month, I cut out a motto from an advertisement that said, "I won't always be new at this....I won't always be new at this...."  I've kept it up on the fridge.  Partly, it reminds me to keep going when I can't figure out why he's crying or when I worry about him not being warm enough and then find out he's soaked with sweat.  Mostly now though, it reminds me to relish these moments and live in a constant state of wonder.  Won't always be new...but it can continually amaze.

Uh, mom? These pants are a little roomy...and where did my fingers go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment