Monday, March 19, 2012

Ode to my mother

If I was a poet, I would write a blog post that would rival those tear-producing Hallmark commercials.
If it was mother's day, I'd dedicate it to my mom. 
Negative on both counts, I'll just simply say this post is to say thank you to my mother. 
Thank you for giving me chores to do.
Thank you for teaching me how to use a bit of elbow grease.
Thank you for making me get a bit dirty once in a while. 
Thanks for teaching me the satisfaction of a job well done. 
Thanks most of all for giving me the gift of enjoyment in my own home. 
You're the best mom. 
The couch that came with the apartment.  I've cleaned the middle cushion. 

Amazing what a bit of soap and water can do. 

2 comments:

  1. You're right, Kim, your mom is an amazing mom who loved you enough to teach you the very best! And you respected her enough to listen! Which in turn will make you an amazing mom when it comes time to teach your children those same values and lessons. : )
    Love you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you finish the other cushions, or does every race to sit in the middle? Mom never has been afraid of dirt removal :) I'm surprised you haven't already taken it apart for recovering...that sounds like her sort of process too...

    ReplyDelete